My technical specialism is in back-end programming using a range of languages. Supporting this is practical knowledge of migrating content from databases; experience with managing remote teams; understanding of IT infrastructure needs for growing businesses; and an ability to analyse and explain technical systems.
My career started off coding C++ for mobile, Windows and Linux platforms. Since then, I’ve developed financial software; handled data feeds; created open source migration tools and customised content management systems.
- Websites and plugin development for WordPress on Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- Back-end server development using Python and BASH shell scripting
- Apple iOS App development using Objective-C
- Applications development using C/C++ on Windows and *nix
- Information Technology and network infrastructure set-up and management
- Database development using Microsoft Access and MySQL
- Systems administration for Unix-based operating systems (Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD)
- Emergency Plan for iPhone is an app I created to learn Objective-C on XCode.
- ‘Drupal to WordPress migration explained’ demonstrates knowledge of MySQL and inner workings of Drupal and WordPress.
- See my Portfolio of Work for case studies about past projects.